February 09, 2006

Well, I miss the journaling days. I said before that it was weird to get to know people through cyberspace, but that seems to be how the world is working nowadays. So, what have I been up to...

Hmmm...classes, working at D2 finally (it can actually be entertaining and interesting as long as you aren't in dishwash), and enjoying hanging out with my friends. I've started leading a bible study as well, and that is a lot of fun to be a part of. I'm coming down with some kind of sickness, but I hope it's not something that a little more sleep won't take care of. It looks like this summer I'll be going back to the camp I was at last summer as a overnight camp counselor. I'm really really really extremely excited and looking forward to that. Everytime I've been at that camp has been AMAZING, and so I have no reason to expect anything less this summer. The reason it's been so awesome is because God does the work, the people who go just have to be willing to let God use them. As Oswald Chambers said in My Utmost for His Highest: "God doesn't call the equipped, but he equips the called".

I wish I could invent a new word to describe God, because awesome is over-used and used in all kinds of daily situations. I am a culprit of abusing that word. But still, I guess the best way I can describe God and what he does as being indescribably awesome.

Ok, so this is probably a very boring post and people will think, "hm...ok yeah I don't know why i wasted time skimming this". Well that's ok. I just wanted to get into the spirit of blogging once again. I now shall get to work on my spanish reading and other homework. Oh and by the way, winter conference is this weekend!!! LIKE HECK YES it's going to ROCK. That's why the place is called Rockbridge. It's like a place where bridges span between friends so they can grow closer to eachother and also between us and God. And that whole process rocks. So yeah, Rockbridge. (Insert extreme cheese smiley). I NEED this time away, a chance to retreat into serenity and fellowship. Even thought my professors all decided to pile on the work load for the weekend. Ehhh. School certainly isn't everything. *happy sigh* If it was, i don't think I'd survive college.

No comments:

Post a Comment