June 08, 2008

Isla Puinare

I accompanied my sister on a school outing to an island for their annual beach olympics. I took some pictures of their activities and games, but mostly wandered about the island looking for wildlife to photograph. I will try to select a few of my most favorite ones to put in this post, and then maybe a link to an entire album with all of the pictures in it.

It is bittersweet for me to make this post, as just yesterday, the new lens I had used to take so many pictures of wildlife (Canon 70-300mm IS USM), was broken irreparably and quite by accident. It was a huge blow to my spirit, but I will press on and continue to shoot as best as I can with the kit lens I have left (Sigma 18-55mm).

Cerro El Morro.




The view from Puinare.




Camo Crab.




A Frigate bird and Pelicans.




A Frigate in Flight.



Armed and Ready. Also Carrying Young.




Tropical Mockingbird.




Striped Whiptail Lizard.



Click HERE for an album with all the pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment