October 19, 2010

Score: 20/20 (or) Why I love my grocery store!

I just got back from a quick trip to the local grocery store. When the cashier rang up all my items I could hardly believe it! For just about $20 I purchased the following:

  • 3 onions
  • 4 bell peppers
  • 1 package of perilla leaves
  • 1 package of Vietnamese rice paper
  • 8 bananas
  • a 2-pack of household cleaner
  • a cluster of grapes
  • 1.5 liters of Del Monte mango juice
  • 4 packs of plain ramen noodles
  • a hunk of ham
  • 1 small package of salt

As an added bonus, the cashier threw in a “service-ee” pack of bean sprouts. I double checked the receipt but everything was accounted for. The best part of it? This store is just right down the street on the corner. I was gone for just 20 minutes. It doesn’t get much better than that!

You may be wondering what on earth I plan to make with those ingredients. I happen to be thinking the same thing. Well in any case I’m sure it will be more than edible as I am currently very hungry after a hard day’s work. Today was my second Open House with my kindergarten class and I’m happy to report that all went well. Praise God for all His blessings!

Here’s a picture from my rooftop and another from my neighborhood. I need to take one of the grocery store!

IMG_3382

IMG_1091

Oh one more thing. You know you teach kindergarten in Korea if your kids use the shells they found in their lunch to make necklaces during playtime!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment