July 15, 2009

Ben getting married

My brother is tying the knot in three days! I can hardly believe it. I've known it was coming for a long time now but still I can hardly wrap my mind around it. I don't think it's supposed to be that big of a deal, and I mean, people get married all the time, right? Well for some reason I've gotten sort of emotional thinking about it, with a pretty big dose of nostalgia in there, too. In a good way though, I suppose. I just remember playing as kids and all the fun we had. We weren't always each other's most favorite person, but we definitely had our moments. Ben has been such a wonderful brother through the years and has taken good care of me. Through childhood, adolescence, boarding school and college, Ben has been there for me. He's one of my very best friends. Sheesh I sound like I'm writing a eulogy. I keep telling myself "he's still going to be around!" Well yes and no, because I'm leaving Blacksburg for good now and he's entering the family man stage of life so I don't exactly fit in anymore. But that's alright, really. I'm so very happy to be a part of his big day and it's been fun watching him fall in love and teasing him the whole way through! Plus, I'm getting a new sister out of the deal so it can't be all that bad. (jk Hannah in case you read this I really do love you!).

Anyways, I got a little sentimental and wound up with this:


2 comments:

  1. I hope my children will have the wonderful sibling love that you guys do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, this is so funny and sweet and adorable all at the same time! I LOVE the picture! :)

    ReplyDelete