August 30, 2009

Twilight

There is an elephant in the room.

What I mean is this, I feel distant from God. I don't like feeling this way at all. But as much as I try I can't seem to bridge the gap. As time goes on I feel more cold, as if my life were slowly fading away. Is there a cure for this sickness? My conscience tells me yes, repentance. This I have tried but it seems to be of no use. Does God just stay SILENT sometimes on purpose? Or is he speaking to me and I just can't hear him? I do not want to slide any farther but I can't seem to get my footing. There has been so much change in my life lately that I can hardly recognize a thing. I don't even recognize myself right now.

2 comments:

  1. Reflecting on Hebrews 11, it seems a lot of God's people went a long periods without seeing certain promises fulfilled. I also think of Job and Joseph who also experienced silence from heaven. Cf also David in Psalm 42. Repentance is good for the soul, if that is what is needed, and I don't think that's always the case. The Lord would have us seek him even when we are weary. Extended time alone with God in his word, walking and enjoying his creation, getting enough rest... do these help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, those do help. I've been reminded lately that faith is continuing to walk with the Lord, trusting and obeying even when "feeling" numb or experiencing silence from heaven.

    Psalm 30:5
    For his anger lasts only a moment,
    but his favor lasts a lifetime;
    weeping may remain for a night,
    but rejoicing comes in the morning.

    ReplyDelete