March 26, 2009

In the open

I can't exactly put my finger on what this feeling is but in a way I feel overexposed. I have been a lot of situations this year that we outside my comfort zone which resulted in the comfort zone redefining itself so I'm sure its much larger now. But I feel stretched out and very vulnerable for some reason so I have a very strong urge to retreat into a safe hole somewhere far away and out of sight.

~~

I started following the Sovereign Grace Ministries blog and like what C.J. Mahaney said today:

No matter how much planning, scheduling, and discipline is present in my life, I will never completely redeem the time. I am a finite creature, limited in what I can accomplish, and further limited by my sin. So it should surprise nobody that I leave to-dos undone each and every day.

My joy is not derived from the flawless execution of my goals. My joy each day is derived from the person and work of Jesus Christ on the cross.

Only God gets his to-do list done each day. I need the cross of Christ each day.

3 comments:

  1. "My joy is not derived from the flawless execution of my goals. My joy each day is derived from the person and work of Jesus Christ on the cross. Only God gets his to-do list done each day. I need the cross of Christ each day."

    Amen to all that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, here is a link you might enjoy...
    http://retrodeck.blogspot.com/2009/03/anuncios-encontrados-da-iniciativa.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha love the dharma jumpsuit, may have to get one!

    ReplyDelete