March 22, 2009

The One I desire

I've been either sick, traveling or too busy lately to have a chance to write here but I've had a lot of thoughts about things and have really been wanting to write. I jotted down some stuff on some receipt paper while I was cashiering the other day and thought I'd put it up here. (Thoughts directed towards God). It needs more polishing/shaping but since I don't have time for that...here goes:

When night falls I realize that all day long I have desired you.
The mystery of it all draws my heart time after time.
I spend my day searching for what I do not know.
Nothing else fills me.
I am left aching and gasping for breath,
By the things of this world so empty, so cheap.
I want to lay motionless on the floor until you move me.
Hurting and confused, I have no where else to turn.
I feel let down and alone yet you care to be there.
How long will I wait for you to come?
Come quickly and do not let me faint while I wait.

My legs grow weary as I'm always running to you.
But I will not relent this pursuit of you
Until I am surrounded by your splendor forever and ever.
Then I will rejoice in your constant presence, glorious!

I need you desperately, every hour of every day.
Won't you come and be with me now?
When my spirit recognizes your presence
I want to freeze the moment to forever dwell near you.
Like eye contact with a stranger that stirs something inside -
Except you know me more deeply than does anyone else!
I had been trading pieces of me for vanity and chains.
But now you have given me yourself
While taking all of me.
I was not lost forever, but you found me.
A love song everlasting is what I wish to sing!

~H.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment