September 30, 2009

Applying for ESL jobs

These days I'm getting geared up to apply for ESL positions in Korea. There's a whole slew of documents I need to collect for the job application and visa process. But for starters, I'm just trying to polish up my resume. Actually it's been completely overhauled - but that's a good thing. I'm planning on applying through Reach to Teach Recruiting because they seem pretty legit. I tried looking at schools' websites to contact them directly, but unfortunately most of them are in Korean. Who wudda thunk!

This is all pretty crazy and uncharted territory. Four months ago I had no idea I would be applying for ESL jobs in Korea! But I'm so glad to have a direction to head towards. Hopefully all this will work out and I can find a position to start teaching at by February.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm still feeling a bit numb and calloused towards God, which is like being tied to a pole 2 feet from a drinking fountain on a blistering hot day. I'm trying to work through these things.

Oh Lord show me compassion and mercy. May your tenderness and love bind up that which has been torn asunder within me. I know this world has nothing for me. I will seek you first, Lord. You will hear my voice early in the morning and late in the night.

1 comment: