September 25, 2009

I need a change

So it finally hit me that I'm really neglecting this thing. And I don't like that, because I want to write and I like how writing makes me think. I think the primary reason I don't write a whole lot (besides being busy) is that I want what I write to be presentable. I want it to be cleaned up, not offensive to others and not careless in a way that could some how cast me in an unfavorable light.

The trouble with that is that I'm supressing a lot of thoughts and reactions to things. From now on I think I will start just saying what's on my mind. Probably shouldn't get me into trouble, but maybe it just might. Maybe it should push the envelope a bit. In a good way. I'm just a broken person with issues so obviously some things I come up with could could just be off. But not all things. If I'm serious about this God thing, and am pursuing his Kingdom, my life (not just this blog) should be saying some things that just might be offensive to some.

The extreme measures God went to to redeem us should push us to extreme measures for his sake. My life is desperately crying out for an overhaul of pretty much everything that is in me, minus my relationship with Christ. Maybe some of that will make its way here. I'm going to unpack it all. I need to be stripped down to the core. Please, holy fire, quicken your flames to this rotting pile of flesh. I want to be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment