December 24, 2009

Being sick on Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve. It is indeed a special time.

Unfortunately I am full-out, full-blown sick. Cold together with the works. I am so miserable. At night I have a hard time sleeping because it's all I can do to keep breathing and keep swallowing. I can't believe I'm getting my toosh kicked so bad with just a darn cold.

I wish I had energy to do anything. At least I made it to work everyday this week and managed to drive my granddad's truck up to Northern Virginia to spend Christmas with my immediate family. Yes, I worked from 9-noon today. First time in my life to work on Christmas Eve. But that's not the point. I don't think I started this post with a point in mind either.

I guess basically what I want to say is that in spite of being sick as a dog, I am still so thankful for this time of year where I am reminded of the wonder of my Savior's birth. How the Father lavished his love on me and called me to be His own. So much reason to rejoice! I will be rejoicing in my heart this season even though I'm slowed down, slightly incoherent and blowing my nose  and coughing every other second (Sorry for the tmi).

Jesus, I love you. Thank you so much for your sacrifice.

Now I will lay me down to rest and hope to find a couple, scattered hours of sleep. And a Merry Christmas Eve to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment