December 19, 2009

Snowed In

I traveled up to Burke, VA for the weekend to see my good friend, Liz. It just so happened that my visit coincided with a huge snowstorm in the East Coast - possibly the most  snow I've ever seen in my life! So I have been happily snowed in with my parents and sister, playing games, watching movies, and drinking hot chocolate and eggnog. I did go out in the snow for a while today to "play" but finally got too cold and worn out because  my jeans got soaked and the snow was really deep. I have the same tired feeling I used to get after a day of swimming at the beach in Venezuela. So far we have 18 inches I think, and there are 6 more hours of snowfall left! I wonder if I'll be able to get out on the roads tomorrow to drive back home. Sure hope so because I have to get a week's worth of work done in 3 days in time for Christmas.

Here are a couple pictures from today:





















No comments:

Post a Comment