December 03, 2009

Sending off documents for my VISA

FINALLY, I have all of my documents ready to send for my E2-VISA. The last things I was waiting on were the authentications/apostilles for my diploma and my criminal background check. I thought these things were going to go through much quicker. I'm glad now that I picked a start date at the end of February so that I have sufficient time to get everything ready. Let's see, after I send my documents to Korea, I think I have to do an interview at the Korean Consulate to actually get the VISA. Maybe there's an in between step that I'm forgetting. Well it will all work out I'm sure. I just keep praying and asking God to smooth the process along and help everything to come in on time!

Lately I've been doing a lot of thinking but have been having a hard time disciplining myself to write any of it down. I do plan to do a lot of reading in the near future however. I finished Going Rogue a couple days ago (yes, I enjoyed it but I'm not going to be going all fanatical). Now I'm reading The Good Life by Chuck Colson and some Andrew Murray Books I have lying around. I am really enjoying Colson's book. It is extremely well written and reads like a dream. It's not an action-packed, thriller/pageturner, but it does have a way of drawing you in and sweeping you along. The book aims to discuss the purpose of life and how to live a life that matters. Really interesting stuff. I'm glad my aunt lent it to me.

Also, I've been helping out with the Pioneer Clubs at church. I am finally getting to know the girls in my group a bit better and this week I had the opportunity to lead their lesson by myself. It's been quite a while since the last time I taught a PG lesson. I think it was sometime in May before I left for Venezuela. In any case, I'm really thankful for a chance to help out even if it's just for a little while, but I have to admit it makes me miss my beautiful girls from last year. (I had the opportunity to help lead 7th-9th grade girls at my church in Blacksburg last year).

This weekend some guests are coming to stay at my grandparents so we have all been busy getting things cleaned up and orderly around here. I am realizing more everyday how much I love being busy and what a joy it is to have work to do. I hope to continue relishing the jobs I am given and work at them with all my might! Now I'm off to read about the "good life" before I drift off until another day.

*peace*


No comments:

Post a Comment