April 22, 2008

Getting Closer

There are so many countdowns right now. Most are happy ones, like: countdown until my essays are done, until classes are finished, until graduation is over, until Rockbridge, until I go home! There is a sad one though: countdown until I say goodbye to Phil and don't get to see him all summer :(. After nine straight months in Blacksburg, I'm pretty sure I'm ready for change and ready for a move-on. I can't WAIT to change my surroundings, get to a new climate and settle in for one last stretch living at home in Lecheria. I really hope I get to see a bunch of my friends, especially the ones I've been able to get in touch with recently through facebook!

I have 2 papers to write, and zero motivation or concentration left. How am I going to do it? I've almost given up. Somehow they need to get done though. ARghh. I must really be getting lazyyyy or senioritis is killing me!!

So the plan for now IS to go back to work at Au Bon Pain when I return from Veni. They want me back, which is a good thing I suppose. But I'll have to work as wage staff first, not salaried, so I won't get benefits. Which means I still need to find health insurance. And send out my grad announcements and request a new debit card! Just a few things out of many to do still. And instead I sit here blogging. I went through an old journal today and actually ripped out some pages and threw them away! That was quite liberating. I have about 4 notebook journals and then the posts on this blog. Maybe some day I'll conglomerate them.

I checked out a book from the library that talks about the basics of the nursing practice. I want to read through it before I leave for Venezuela. I started looking at some stuff and my first impression is that it is a very thorough practice that calls for minute precision and zero tolerance for inaccuracy. But that does make sense, considering a human life is potentially in your hands. Well it is 12:15 am and I still need to do some reading. I'm wide awake because I took an extended nap this afternoon. =) I shall read until I fall asleep. Class at 9:30!

No comments:

Post a Comment