April 19, 2008

So excited!!!

I'm sitting in a dining center on campus, attempting to work on one of three papers that are going to be due soon, but it's so hard to focus! I am so excited about graduating and also about going home to Lecheria! It's all I can think about, and even though I don't know what all the future has in store for me, I sense that there are many adventures yet to come!

Last night at IV's large group meeting, or 180 as we call it, we had two guest speakers, Marshal from Greensboro, NC and Rich Hodge, on staff with YWAM in South Africa. They spoke on our identity in Christ and how our God loves to change our names, giving us new ones that more clearly reflect who we are in him. Rich said, in the name of Jesus, your sins are forgiven! And finally, after a long time struggling with a constant nagging sense of guilt and shame, I really felt my heavy load go away. I've been holding on for so long, but I'm finally ready to step up and be who God has called me to be. It is my earnest desire more than ever now to live a life that is worthy of the calling I have received. I know God has called me to Himself and will not allow any other idols or passions to have precedence in my life, but I do not know the specific, physical details of my life's calling.

I like the way Rich put it: we aren't called to be "missionaries" but we are called to be "priests". Our lives are venues for God to actively do His work. How exciting is that??? The realization of this hit me pretty hard and energized all the fibers in my soul! Ahh but still I must stay grounded and continue to work on my academics. So I will finish my essay on Urbanization, but may add some interesting facts here. :)

  • Traffic congestion costs Americans $78 billion a year in wasted fuel and lost time.
  • People making long commutes are at a higher risk for high blood pressure, sleep deprivation, and depression. They have more frequent disputes with their co-workers and families. They suffer more frequent and more serious illnesses, and they are more likely to experience premature deaths.
  • The United States produces twice as much carbon dioxide per capita as Germany, Japan, and Great Britain, 8 times as much as China, and 23 times as much as India.

No comments:

Post a Comment