October 28, 2009

First real job offer

I've interviewed with and have been offered a position by Kids College in Daechi-dong Seoul. The working conditions and benefits seem pretty typical for the average private school job in Korea, especially for teachers just starting out. They are offering me 2.3 million won a month for 120 hours of teaching.

What I don't know is if I should go ahead and accept this position or if I should wait and explore other options. The problem is, there currently aren't any other options. I am talking with a couple recruiters but I'm still in the initial stages with them and it could be a couple of weeks before I find something through them.

I think I'm a little hesitant because it is such a huge step. I also have my reservations about the trustworthiness of a school that is so far away. Which reminds me, I need to ask my recruiter to get me pictures of the school and housing. That should help me decide I suppose.

The other thing is that I don't know if I would be good with such little kids. I'll be teaching kids from ranging from age 5 to 10 roughly from 9 am - 6 pm each day. I'm going to have to have a ton of energy to keep up with them and stay on top of things. Maybe I can look at it like camp counseling, except I get to go home to my own place and actually get sleep at night. Now that I think about it that way, it seems pretty nice! I am really tempted to go ahead and say yes to this opportunity.

I'll be sure to update here once I decide.

1 comment:

  1. Woo keep the posts coming! You may be the first person I know to become a millionaire!! As far as the kids go, I'm sure you'd have a blast not to mention it would be a great change of scenery.

    <3 blue

    ReplyDelete