October 17, 2009

Part of the Equation

Do you ever feel like you could disappear and nothing would change?
Do you ever feel so insignificant and lowly that you wonder why you even try anything at all?

I do. Sometimes.

It's not a good place to be. It's kinda lonely and dreary. I think everyone has those days. But today is NOT one of those days for me. I had my cousins and aunt come to visit me. They cared to spend time with me, share some good laughs, and add to our treasure trove of memories. It is so wonderful to be loved. It warms your heart.

The evil one may tempt to despair, he may reach out his tentacles to wrap us in fear and doubt. When you listen to him you may think that you can be canceled out, disappeared, and no one would even notice.

But that is a lie.

2 Thessalonians 2:13: But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth.

Isaiah 42:6-7:
I am the LORD, I have called You in righteousness,
I will also hold You by the hand and watch over You,
And I will appoint You as a covenant to the people,
As a light to the nations,
To open blind eyes,
To bring out prisoners from the dungeon
And those who dwell in darkness from the prison.

Today, I know that I am part of the equation. I do matter. People care. God has chosen me. Believing His truths and promises is the best antidote to the temptation to despair.

Today, I want to persevere. I want to shine together with the great cloud of witnesses.

God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment