November 02, 2009

Happenings/Changes

I've gotten into the habit of giving my life's updates on here as if there were 200 people out there waiting with bated breath to get them. Well, maybe there are. I don't know. In any case, it helps me straighten stuff out.

My Mom

Tomorrow my Mom is being operated on for breast cancer.

I don't really know what to think about it. I don't want to worry or make a big deal about it, but then there are always risks going into surgery and things could get complicated.

On the bright side, the type of cancer she has is classified as one of the least dangerous and they found it at a very early stage. Still, it makes me uneasy. I just hope that everything goes well and that she can keep up her good spirits like she's been doing so far. She's such a trooper and I'm so proud of her.

On another plus side, I will be making dinner tomorrow evening. I don't usually cook and tend to shy/shirk away from it but I really need to beef up that side of my "real-life resume" so I'm looking forward to that.

Moving

Again. I know! So the day after my mom's surgery I'll be moving down to live with my grandparents for the next 3 months or so. I'm taking a job as the secretary at their church while I wait to go to Korea. I'm going to miss spending lots of time with my parents. It's been really cool getting to reconnect after having spent so many years living apart from them.

I'm also going to miss the friends I have made here at Occoquan Bible Church. I got involved with their young adults group and really had a nice time with them. I'll definitely have to come back to visit a couple weekends.

Job Hunt in Korea

I'm talking with a couple recruiters to find a job. I'm now trying to get placed as near to Daechi-Dong, Seoul as possible since I found out that's where a friend of mine lives. Meanwhile I'm trying to gather the necessary documents for my E2-Visa. That has hit a couple bumps in the road, but I hope will wrap up before too long.

I'm listening to some Korean language lessons on audio and am trying to pick up some phrases & key words. So far it's a bit slow but I'm loving the excuse to learn another language. I was humbled in this new pursuit of mine today when I tried out a phrase on a native Korean and he had to do his best not to laugh at me and could hardly understand what I was saying. Oh well, I should just get used to that I suppose and keep trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment