November 07, 2009

observation + new job

I have found that it is rather difficult to waste time on the internet now that I'm not using facebook. I haven't logged in since last Friday! (1 week, 1 day and counting).

Yes, it does make me happy. I feel so free!!

I've spent 3 days of training/orientation to the church secretary job I've accepted. There are so many little responsibilities to keep track of! Well and a couple big ones too, such as answering the phone, preparing the Order of Worship (i.e. church bulletin) & announcements, updating the webpage, ordering supplies...and the list goes on. I just hope I can remember to do the most important things.

I like my new job and the people I'll be working with - senior pastor, associate pastor, financial secretary, school administrators, etc. Hopefully I'll get the swing of things soon so that I don't feel like my brain is going in a million places at once burning itself out trying to remember everything.

Right now I'm also getting adjusted to life here with my grandparents in general. New town, new responsibilities, new expectations put on me, etc. I really want this to be a good, productive, growing period. We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment